Paragon Data Quest
When we figured out that off-the-shelf software could not be modified to satisfactorily to meet our project management needs, we decided to build our own. The result, PDQ|Paragon Data Quest, exemplifies how Paragon Partners is Advancing the Industry in the Digital Age.
PDQ is a web-based, easily customized information system that enables project teams to efficiently instantly access and manage information critical to establishing Right of Way corridors and Real Estate infrastructure projects.
- PDQ is a complete solution designed to integrate images, databases, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), word processing files, spreadsheet files, maps, video, and any other electronic information in a user-friendly fashion.
- PDQ allows the user to create reports, export information, view 165 image file types, and organize project information in a productive and efficient manner.
- PDQ’s advanced search capabilities feature retrievable user named searches, document type searches, quick map searches, and ownership searches. “Fuzzy logic” capabilities overcome character dropouts, misspellings and OCR errors.
- PDQ’s open architecture allows users with no programming knowledge to customize the user experience, including data-entry screens. As an added bonus, changes made to desktop data entry screens are automatically applied to the PDQ web site application.
- PDQ incorporates scanned documents and supports viewing 165 different file formats, including AutoCad/MicroStation.
- PDQ’s text retrieval and financial tracking capabilities and ad hoc report designer increase the efficiency of project planning.
- PDQ’s production scanning capabilities feature image cleanup and advanced indexing using bar coding and zonal Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
- PDQ’s document flagging notifies users of pending payments, milestones or actions required.
- PDQ performs advanced error checking for legal index specifications, and full text image integrity on all scanned documents before they are released into the system.
- PDQ’s custom report generator facilitates automated reports from any information contained in the database and includes easy-to-use math and formula functions. Report information can be exported to other word processing and spreadsheet programs for automated generation of forms and documents.
- 24/7 password-protected access promotes teamwork among local and remote personnel.