Senior Title Agent
Are you a person who would enjoy performing complex title searches for Right of Way projects? Do you have in-depth knowledge and experience in the application of related legal concepts in regards to performing title searches, reviewing and examining title documents and preparing chains of title? Do you possess strong understanding of legal vesting, legal execution and the execution of notarization of documents?
We are looking for a Senior Title Agent with a self-starter attitude to join our Cypress team!
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and react appropriately to new challenges and obstacles.
Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Superior organization skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to coordinate project resources in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels internally as well as within client organizations.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Desired Education and Qualifications
- Minimum of five years of experience working on complex title projects, primarily as related to right-of-way industry.
- Proven experience in administering and ensuring compliance with document control procedures.
- Advanced skills with MS Office suite as well as title search software programs such as Titlepoint and Datatrace.
- Proven track record of completing title projects on-time with high quality work that consistently meets or exceeds the client’s expectations.
- BS/BA Degree in Business Administration, Real Estate, or equivalent related experience.
Familiarity with searching in both manual and electronic title plants.
- Experience performing title research using a Grantor-Grantee Index and a Tract Index.
Ability to read and plot a metes and bounds legal description.
- Titlepoint: 3 years (Required)
- ROW related title work: 5 years (Required)
- Datatrace: 3 years (Required)
- Title research using Tract Index: 3 years (Required)
- Title research using Grantor-Grantee Index: 3 years (Required)