Senior Right of Way AgentLocation: Bakersfield, Los Medanos, Southern California
The Senior Right of Way Agent (Sr. Agent) performs a range of right of way related work to support projects. The work progresses from administrative and basic support work to complex, politically sensitive, multi-disciplined transactions and project management functions, but performed at a much more detailed and extensive level than the ROW Agent & Assistant. The Sr. Agent will either perform the work, coordinate, or support others performing the work, depending upon the project, task, and ability of the particular Sr. Agent. The Sr. Agent may perform the same functions of the ROW Agent, as needed, but will primarily be focused on the more difficult and complex acquisition relocation and property management assignments. They will mentor and train the ROW Asst. and Agent as applicable and assist the Project Manager (or sometimes even act as the PM) in tracking the project scope, budget and schedule. They will review and understand title reports, vesting types, lending instruments, various agreements and contracts, appraisal standards, offer package requirements, negotiation strategies, the Uniform Relocation Act, as amended (URA), California Code of Regulations, Title 25 Housing and Community Development, Housing & Urban Development (HUD), and general real estate valuation, acquisition, property management and relocation assistance.
- Represent the company in a professional and competent manner
- Works well with others and is able to develop rapport and trust with both clients, vendors, coworkers and/or property owners as applicable
- Regular and punctual attendance is paramount to this position
- Negotiates terms, including surface use agreements for Rights of Way and easements
- Secures necessary permits and provides notifications to appropriate agencies and surface owners
- Develops creative and fully encompassing Reimbursement Agreements for line location/removal
- Networks with other or the client’s business units on regional land issues as needed
- Thorough understanding of surface use agreements, easements, pipeline ROWs, oil and gas contracts, surface and mineral titles, and pertinent governmental laws/ regulations related to oil and gas operations.
- Establishes good relationships with surface owners and local government agencies
- Works well with others and collaborates positively and effectively
- Provide support during due diligence, acquisition and divestment of properties within asset portfolio able to conduct internal title research and external tittle research in the courthouse with no supervision
- Thorough understanding of condemnation process in the state of California
- Must be flexible and able to work well in both a team environment as well as alone in an individual capacity
Desired Education and Qualifications
- 5 or more years’ experience in Right of Way
- Senior Right of Way Agent (SRWA) designation preferred Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Flexible with travel and field time
- Demonstrated ability to accurately analyze information and provide advice, solutions and recommendations on decisions
Paragon Partners offer a competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental and vision insurance as well as a 401(K) plan.
To apply please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
EEO. Paragon Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This job description indicates the knowledge, skills, abilities and essential and non-essential job functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act as Amended Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the company may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.