Senior Right of Way Agent
Cypress, CA (Preferred)
The Sr. Right of Way Agent (Sr. Agent), under the direction of the Manager/Supervisor, possesses an excellent working knowledge of all right of way disciplines; title, permitting, acquisition, documentation. The Sr. Agent is very knowledgeable about property valuation, survey drawings, legal descriptions, and alignments sheets. The Sr. Agent also has a working knowledge of and a good understanding of the legal documents required for a right of way acquisition project and has proven ability to accurately complete right of way transactions independently.
- Locates property ownership by searching public and private records as needed.
- Meets with the landowners, their representatives, and government agencies to explain the purpose of projects and negotiate the acquisition of land rights.
- Prepares land cost estimates for client projects.
- Prepares applications and obtains permits from federal, state and local governmental and quasi-governmental agencies pertaining to linear rights of way for electric utilities, pipelines, telecommunications, etc. including permits for street/road/highway encroachments, and for USACOE, conditional use, DOT, railroad crossings and other project related permits.
- Analyzes and reviews information from land surveys, engineering drawings, and environmental reports to interpret project impacts.
- Prepares offer packages, counter-offers, and condemnation packages.
- Interprets title commitments to identify encumbrances that may affect easement acquisitions and prepares release forms to satisfy closing requirements.
- Maintains project databases containing land rights information, parcel reports, negotiation status, payments, damages, and restoration.
- Prepares and adheres to schedules and budgets for acquisition projects.
- Maintains positive working relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Represents the company in a professional and competent manner.
- Works well with others and is able to develop rapport and trust with both clients and property owners.
- Desired Education and Qualifications
Desired Education and Qualifications
- Minimum of five years ROW acquisition experience, 5-10 years or more preferred.
- Four (4) year college degree preferred IRWA credentials preferred.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Real Estate license.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively with the public, clients, project team and outside contractors.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, land surveys, and legal descriptions
- Basic understanding of eminent domain real estate appraisals.
- Efficient with Microsoft Office Suite and professional business writing.
- Paragon Partners offer a competitive salary with paid sick days, paid vacation and paid holidays, and other great benefits including health, dental and vision insurance as well as a 401(K) plan.
EEO. Paragon Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer.
- ROW acquisition: 5 years (Preferred)
- Real Estate: 5 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 5 years (Preferred)
- California Real Estate (Required)
- Utah Real Estate (Preferred)
- Work authorization: United States (Required)
We expertly manage our clients’ projects:
- Public Infrastructure
This job description indicates the knowledge, skills, abilities and essential and non-essential job functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act as Amended Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the company may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Paragon Partners LLC. is a widely-recognized leader in the field of Right of Way and Real Estate Consulting. Our commitment to client service and advancing the industry results in positive outcomes across a wide range of projects – regardless of size, scope, or complexity.
For over 22 years, we have been pursuing a pattern of excellence in delivering the land rights essential to our public and private sector clients’ projects. Our successful outcomes for our clients are driven by:
Trained industry experts utilizing best practices learned from hundreds of successful projects to quickly resolve unexpected challenges.
Services uniquely tailored for each project, allowing us to regularly exceed client expectations.
Industry leading software and GIS solutions, including our patented automated route costing tools, Web-based information management system, and PDQ|Paragon Data Quest software applications.
Proactive services that achieve project objectives while also promoting each client’s best interests through our interface with landowners, tenants, and other stakeholders affected by the project.