Multi-state Natural Gas Pipeline
Kern River Gas Transmission Company, a subsidiary of MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company, constructed a $1.2 billion, 717-mile natural gas pipeline from Wyoming to California, doubling the amount of natural gas transported on the Kern River system.
The 2003 Expansion Project – Right of Way acquisitions:
- Across four states (Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, & California);
- Involving over 2,000 parcels; and
- The acquisition of permits and entitlements from 47 jurisdictional agencies.
We completed our services on schedule and 5% under budget for land and acquisition costs.
High Desert Pipeline Project – A lateral pipeline from the Kern River main line to the new High Desert Power Plant. We provided turnkey project management and all real estate, Right of Way, permitting, and notifications for the Project.
- Project Management
- Right of Way and Fee Property (Compressor Stations) Acquisition and Negotiations
- Acquisition of Rights of Entry for Environmental Studies and Route Surveys
- Permit Acquisition (Encroachment, Conditional Use, Building, Zoning Variances, etc.)
- FERC and NEPA/CEQA Notifications/Public Agency Liaison
- Document and File Preparation/Electronic Records Management with Internet Access
- Condemnation/Litigation Support
- Construction Liaison and Damage Settlements
- Appraisal and Survey Management, Review and Coordination
- Title Research and Curative (including Mining Claims, BLM patents, prior rights, etc.)
- Project Control/Cost Tracking/Electronic File System Development and Maintenance